Saturday, February 28, 2009

Fifa 2009 gaming tournament

I recently saw a flier in the college campus about a FIFA2009 tournament being organized by the undergraduates as a fundraiser event to install taps in some of the regions in Nepal. A project for a good cause and a game I loved playing...



I was introduced to the EA Sports Fifa games well back in 1999, around the same time I started following soccer. Being an intense and a fast-paced game, I was quickly addicted to it and played for 5-6hours at a stretch. I started with FIFA 97, then moved on to 99, 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2008. I had mastered each and every level in all the versions and was looking forward to take part in the event. But I had not played their new version, 2009!!

I registered for the event and paid $10 and was excited to take part in such a tournament here. I had entered a similar tournament back in my undergrad days, which I won..:) The same day, I borrowed the CD from a friend and installed it on my laptop, I wanted to WIN this tournament too!! I practiced whenever I could get some time off assignments and projects. 3 days to go, and I was counting down.

The day came, I was confident of playing well even against a seasoned opponent. As I entered the venue, I was literally shocked. I could see TVs and Big screens, NO computers. Yes, the gaming tournament was on XBOX !!!! I had never seen a XBOX before, let alone play. All the confidence I had of playing well, went down the drains... I played 2 games and lost 3-0 and 2-0. I was happy not to concede 10 goals...:D

I had FUN and what the heck, it was for a good cause!

2 comments:

Sushant said...

haha....THe experience must be good to play on the big screen right ??!

Prashant said...

It was awesome...!..